Bathurst Jobs Expo
Bathurst Regional Council’s 2016 Bathurst Jobs Expo, in partnership with the Central Western Careers Advisers and proudly sponsored by TAFE Western is the place to be if you are on the hunt for a new job or a career change.
Last year’s event was a major success with over 1400 job seekers and school students through the door. This year the event is anticipated to be even bigger and better.
- Date: Tuesday 23 August, 2016
- Time: 9am to 3pm
- Location: Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre, 105 William St, Bathurst
- Cost of entry: FREE
Current Exhibitors include:
- Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE)
- Accessible Living Options
- Aussie Marketing Force
- Australian Institute of Fitness
- Bathurst Hospital
- Bathurst Regional Council
- Carter Holt Harvey Woods Products Australia
- Central NSW Business Enterprise Centre
- Charles Sturt University
- Defence Force Recruiting
- Department of Human Services
- Employment Helpdesk
- Fly Oz Pty Ltd
- Glenray Industries
- Graff, Paul & Parnell Chartered Accountants
- Industry Training & Assessment Services
- Interact Injury Management
- International College of Management Sydney
- Joblink Plus
- Lifeline Central West
- Mary Kay
- NSW Department of Education
- NSW Family & Community Services
- Paramedical Services
- Roads & Maritime Services
- Sarina Russo Apprenticeships
- Skillset Workforce
- Skillset Youth Connect
- Sureway Employment & Training
- TAFE Western
- Tocal College
- Training Services NSW
- Transport for NSW
- Western Sydney University – Medicine
This year, in addition to the exhibitors, you will also have the opportunity to hear from some great speakers during the day. Presentations include:
- What employers want
- The Australian Government’s Department of Employment will share insights from its employer surveys, give you a snapshot of jobs in the local region and help you explore your career options using Job Outlook.
- Transfer your skills to a new career
- Do you need help transitioning to a new industry? Are you returning to work after a break from paid work due to caring responsibilities? Join career and communications specialist Kate Southam for facts and tips on highlighting your transferable skills, tailoring resumes and personal presentation.Kate Southam has specialised in writing and taking about careers for 15 years. She had a weekly career advice column for a decade syndicated in more than 100 newspapers and a dozen websites. This year she has worked on the MyCareer TV show on Sky Business. Kate will be talking about career strategies and is a living example of the need to adapt to changing employment market conditions. She started her career as a journalist and has worked for the Sydney Morning Herald, ABC Radio, the South China Morning Post in Hong Kong.
- Presentations will be at 10.45am and 1.15pm.
There is no need to register for the expo, you can simply turn up on the day.
The Bathurst Jobs Expo will provide direct access to employment and career opportunities for job seekers of all ages, experience levels and skills as well as high school students. A wide selection of exhibitors will also be on display with stalls for people to visit.
For more information, please contact Council on 1800 44 88 96 or email@example.com.
Share this event